Names after Wallace J. Williamson, the son of Benjamin Williamson who once owned all the land that is now known as the City of Williamson, the Old Hospital on College Hill opened March 3rd 1928 after a fire destroyed the original structure downtown in the winter of 1926.
This 50 bed state of the art facility served as a hospital for 60 years. The hospital was built with funds from selling bonds to the business owners of Williamson, which were all paid off by 1939.
Most locals can recall taking the long winding walk around the side of the building to the basement area where the emergency room, radiology department, cafeteria and lab were located. The ICU was located on the 1st on the floor, obstetrics on the 2nd floor, medical and surgical rooms on the 4th floor. Changes took place though and the emergency room was later moved to the 1st floor (street level).
In 1979, the facility was sold to Hospital Management Association, Inc. where the hospital remained in use until 1988. Then, a new modern facility was constructed just up the street.
May 14, 2022
Investigators: Beth Rosen, Kathy Sellers & Jenny Breitbarth with guest Nicholas Wendling.
Location Photos: (click to enlarge)
Findings: COMING SOON
Grave Concerns Paranormal does not view findings presented on this page as evidence of ghosts or the paranormal. These are merely experiences that we can not explain at this time.