The Morrison Masonic Lodge on 125 N. Mulberry St in Elizabethtown, KY. It was deemed notable for its association with the Morrison Lodge, No. 76 F&AM and its architectural character being an Arts & Crafts-style building. Morrison Lodge was chartered on August 26, 1823 and was one of the first chartered Masonic lodges in Kentucky. Early masters of the Masonic Lodge included Benjamin Helm and Governor John L. Helm. The building is Hardin County’s best example of the commercial Arts and Crafts style and has retained its original detailing. Notable details include the large eave brackets, monitor roof and stained glass at the doorway windows. The building has not been altered since its construction and displays its original character.
This lodge building is believed to be haunted by the ghosts of Civil War soldiers and witnesses have claimed to hear unexplained footsteps, knocking, and have also reported objects that move on their own. The alarm is known to go off when no one is in the building, and spirits have appeared in photos, and EVPs have been collected. Legends say that a ghostly presence here once saved a Lodge member when he fainted while alone in the building.
June 1, 2012
Investigators: Beth Rosen, Matt Rosen & Heather Olsen with guests Nicholas Wendling and Memmolo.
Location Photos: Click to enlarge
Findings: Nothing to report
Grave Concerns Paranormal does not view findings presented on this page as evidence of ghosts or the paranormal. These are merely experiences that we can not explain at this time.