Ramblewood House

Darlington, MD

The Ramblewood mansion, built in 1841, was owned by the decendents of Captain John Worthington, a wealthy Quaker landowner. The historic home at Camp Ramblewood in Darlington—once part of the underground railroad—is said to be inhabited by paranormal spirits. Slaves would be harbored in the attic, then pass through a number of secret passageways within the house, which would lead them to the basement. Concealed in the basement of the house is a secret tunnel used by runaway slaves as part of the underground railroad. The seven-tenths of mile long tunnel runs to the river, where the runaways would rendezvous with a barge, which would take them across the Mason Dixon Line. 

It is believed the presence of a ghost named Nathan resides near the entrances of the tunnel. Nathan was traveling with a group of seven slaves that has been historically traced backed to the diary of Harriet Tubman.

April 9, 2011
Investigators: Beth Rosen & Matt Rosen.

Location Photos: Click to enlarge


Basement: After we depart from Ramblewood’s empty basement, this amazing EVP was caught as you can hear us walking away. The spirit of a slave, Nate, has also been seen in this area. And interestingly enough, the unusual voice has a thick southern accent to match.

March 3, 2012
Investigators: Beth Rosen, Matt Rosen & Travis Spitzer.

Location Photos: Click to enlarge

Findings: nothing to report.

Grave Concerns Paranormal does not view findings presented on this page as evidence of ghosts or the paranormal. These are merely experiences that we can not explain at this time.