The Sedamsville Rectory, located at 639 Steiner Avenue in Cincinnati, was built over 120 years ago. The Rectory is one of four buildings once belonging to Our Lady of Perpetual Help. The Rectory housed the priests that served the community. The church itself was dedicated on May 5, 1889. However the parish was organized by German speaking members of St. Vincent de Paul in 1878. The Gothic Revival style church sits high on a hill overlooking Sedamsville. The school, built in 1907, closed in 1976 and merged with Holy Family parish in East Price Hill. When Our Lady of Perpetual Help parish closed, the remaining families joined Holy Family as well. Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church was stripped of its sacred items and the building was sold.
Over a century old, the rectory is believed to be haunted. Witnesses working on building renovations have seen eerie mists and shadows under the doors of empty rooms. Some say one ghost who resides here is Father Donald MacLeod, who wrote “The History of Roman Catholicism in North America.” In the late 1800s. He was hit by a train nearby, and locals, including parishioners, have seen his ghost walking along the street near the building or by the railroad tracks. Visitors here have heard unexplained footsteps and voices and seen doors opening and closing. They’ve also seen the apparition of a clergyman. Other spirits believed to haunt the place are a man and a child who were both found dead, at different times, on the street in front of the rectory. The child had a noose around its neck.
May 24, 2015
Investigators: Beth Rosen, Travis Spitzer, Heather Olsen, Steve Waide & Damion Tellier.
Location Photos: Click to enlarge
Findings: Nothing to report
Grave Concerns Paranormal does not view findings presented on this page as evidence of ghosts or the paranormal. These are merely experiences that we can not explain at this time.