The Harris Poindexter Store was started by Frederick Harris, Jr. about 1837 during the building of the railroad from Doswell, VA to Fredericks Hall, VA. Frederick requested the “store at the depot” continue under the management of his son, Nathaniel W. Harris. In 1847 Nathaniel purchased the store. He and his brother, David Harris, became involved in operating a tobacco factory which produced “Louisa Pride” smoking tobacco. Records show that the store was burned down in February of 1864 during Dahlgren’s Raid In the fall of 1865, Peyton Talley took it upon himself to rebuild the store over the old foundation. Talley’s death in 1868.
In July 1869 John T. Boston bought the store. The store was passed down through the generations. In 2001, Harris-Poindexter Store was carefully restored by the new owners, Melody and Kenny Bowers. The building is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.
February 26, 2011
Investigators: Beth Rosen with guest Will Ishee.
Location Photos: Click to enlarge
Findings: Nothing to report
Grave Concerns Paranormal does not view findings presented on this page as evidence of ghosts or the paranormal. These are merely experiences that we can not explain at this time.